Monday, June 18, 2012

Bed sheets and another project not listed

I made bed sheets for the crib and Jocey's toddler bed. I did not find the exact color I wanted at Walmart or Target and if I did it was $20 for 2 bed sheets plus $8 shipping and handling along with tax. So I went to Joann's bought fabric and elastic then followed this THIS tutorial. It was the easiest thing of my life and with a coupon of 40% off ( which you can easily sign up for, no spam mail just shear coupons through the mail and email ) it only cost about $15. Not a huge savings, but then you can do it in whatever color or pattern you want! If you want do plain white you can find fabric for $1.99 a yd, which would make 2 bed sheets cost less than $10 without the 40% off, and then there is always the option of dying the fabric.



A project that I did a few weeks ago was a button ball and a flower ball hanging from the girls ceiling. This was expensive. And the button ball is not for the faint of heart. Ribbon was at Hobby Lobby for 50%  off, then you need Styrofoam balls, hot glue, your choice of flowers, a million buttons and "T" shaped pins to put in the ceiling. I put a dab of hot glue at the end of each flower to ensure the flowers stayed in. When you connect the ribbon to the Styrofoam ball, you want to hot glue the ribbon and also use pins with hot glue at the ends of them to ensure the ribbon stays in place. Also, when you pin the top of the ribbon into the ceiling do it on a slant and use 2 pins, just to be safe. I got the general idea from Pinterest. And this project is fairly self explanatory.



I will try and post links when I am done with each of my project's so that you can also learn how to do them. I would do mini tutorials but the websites I get this stuff off of are really good at explaining.

1 comment: